La Cuisine De Mathilde – Emergency Cookie Recipe
¾ cup of brown sugar
1 ¼ cups of flour
½ cup of butter (at room temperature)
1 pinch of salt
2 pinches of baking powder
1 ¼ cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 320 degrees F.
2. Mix the butter, sugar and salt together. This should create a soft texture.
3. Add the egg.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder over the top, slowly mixing together.
5. Add the chocolate chips (or nuts, M&M’s, etc).
6. Optional – Place the dough in the fridge for a couple hours to make the dough easier to form later on.
7. Form dough into round balls, about 2 tablespoons worth, on cookie sheet. Make sure you leave enough space between.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies should still be soft when you remove them, this will keep them a bit chewy as they cool down.
9. Voila! Holiday party-ready cookies in no time. Get extra points by wrapping them in festive colored bags with ribbons.